GRP Cooling Water System
- Introduction of a vacuum breaker at each pump connection was recommended in order to control the vacuum in the A/G GRP cooling water discharge header.
- A pipe pressure class of 10 barg would be fit for purpose for the U/G GRP cooling water pipe.
- Rigid tensile resistant joints (laminations) were selected as the jointing system.
- Minimum required STIS 2100 Pa.
- Paralles pipe O.K. for top load of 100 KN/m2 if soil cover is 1500 mm or more.
- Settlement due to poor soil conditions was no problem for the headers stress wise.
- Flange loads at the GRP/Steel interface were acceptable if sufficient flexibility is introduced in the steel branch connections.